Special Needs - Sorensdale Recreation Center
The Sorensdale Recreation Center is a facility and program of the Hayward Area Recreation and Park District. The primary purpose of the program is to provide opportunities for people with an intellectual disability (i.e., developmental disabilities) to learn and practice recreational, educational, daily living and community skills.
Other criteria for program participants include:
- Being 22 years old or older or being between the ages of 18 and 22 and possessing a high school diploma
- Having the ability to independently feed oneself
- Having the ability to independently toilet oneself
- Having no history of physical aggression.
The geographic service area is Central Alameda County which includes Hayward, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, and San Leandro. We will also accept applications on behalf of residents of Southern Alameda County; Fremont, Newark and Union City. The fee is $296 per month for residents or vendorization through The Regional Center of the East Bay. An application process must be completed before entry into the program.
Treasure Chest Thrift Shop
Stop by the Treasure Chest Thrift Shop, you may find that special treasure you’ve been looking for. We also accept donations Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Sorensdale Recreation Center, Room 9
- 275 Goodwin Street, Hayward
- Open Tuesdays and Fridays from 10:00 am-3:30 pm
You may also view our flyer in Español.