- Measure F1
- Community Outreach
- The Trails and Open Space Master Plan
The Trails and Open Space Master Plan
WHAT IS THE HARD TRAILS + OPEN SPACE MASTER PLAN?
The HARD Trails and Open Space Master Plan lays the groundwork for creating a connected trail system and open space network throughout the Hayward Area Recreation and Park District’s service area. The Master Plan will help the District more fully meet the recreational needs of a growing a diversifying community, while also creating positive benefits for active transportation and resilience in the context of climate change. The HARD Parks Master Plan, adopted in 2019, recommended the development of a master plan for trails, and that recommendation is being carried out here. At the same time, we are building on current pedestrian and bicycle plan updates by Alameda County and the City of Hayward. HARD and its partners have recognized that this effort is an important opportunity to align the goals and actions of the many jurisdictions that have a role in shaping our communities.
December 2020 UPDATE!
HARD invites you to share your thoughts on the Trails and Open Space Master Plan!
The HARD Board of Directors is providing for a public comment period beginning December 15, 2020 and running through January 31, 2021.
The Trails and Open Space Master Plan is the umbrella plan for all other trails plans and projects that will follow such as the San Lorenzo Creekway and the Foothill Trail Master Plan. In that way, it is very similar to and was born out of HARD’s recent Parks Master Plan effort. Its goal is to connect existing trails to planned new trails and to ensure that all trails do their best to connect to parks and recreation facilities along with other desired destination points throughout the District. We want to create pathways and routes that achieve your priorities and your participation can make it happen.
See the latest plan here: 20201202_HARD Trails Master Plan.pdf
We want you to share your thoughts about what you want to see as a part of the Trails and Open Space Master Plan, the San Lorenzo Creekway, or the Foothill Trail Master Plan in the future. The following webpages and email addresses are tools that can help you comment on any of the three plans or offer other ideas about trails in general while staying connected at a safe social distance:
1. To comment on the Trails and Open Space Master Plan, please see the plan on this page: https://www.haywardrec.org/1938/The-Trails-and-Open-Space-Master-Plan and use the email address TrailsComments@haywardrec.org
2. To comment on the San Lorenzo Creekway, please see the plan on this page: https://www.haywardrec.org//1924/San-Lorenzo-Creekway and use the email address TrailsComments@haywardrec.org
3. To comment on the Foothill Trail Master Plan, please see the plan on this page: https://www.haywardrec.org/1942/Foothill-Trails-Master-Plan and use the email address TrailsComments@haywardrec.org
- Project Manager: Michael C. Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org / (510) 888-0119